Thursday, July 18, 2013

Slowly Making Our Way

Hello!
So, massive changes within the last.... since I updated.
First and most massively, we have gotten our prefab family dwelling! We've been moving our stuff into it (I'm trying to help, but my current home-thingie needs me around), and we're slowly developing somewhere to be in it, and we're working on it.
Second, the job situation (for MB, me, specifically) has gotten incredibly complicated because of some beaurocratic BS that I should have known or at least figured, and is in the f*cking way. (Due to my glee in using swear words, but my intentions of making this a 'family oriented' blog, I am editing my words. Sort of. Adults still know, kids will only know if they've heard it before.)

So, story of moving into the prefab trailer first, right?
'cos last week, we were supposed to move in. Last weekend, to be specific, we were supposed to get the keys Friday to one of two places, and we were supposed to be making steady progress with shuffling stuff over.
Now, M has the week off, so really, we were supposed to be done by now.
Unfortunately, one of the places has something wrong with it (we're not sure what) and that would prevent it from being rented for the next month, and I'm not sure what was up with the other one, either. There was a third that came up, and that one was supposed to have been being painted, except that the person that was supposed to be painting it was d*cking around and not getting it done, for whatever reason.
We got sick of waiting, and so M went in and told the people from whom we were to be renting, and said, "PLEASE? J is due any day, now, and we would really like to be established before that happens." And then they asked us if we could cope with previous renter's damage, and we looked, and we can, so now we have the place, and we've already got most of J's and my stuff in (I do have a few items left), but with J being as massively pregnant as she is, she can't move stuff (we won't let her.) and M is pretty much on his own on that matter, because my effin' job crap is being awful.

Okay, that was the first bit of that story.
The second bit is that, while we were viewing the house, we noticed that there isn't a turn-off valve on the toilet.
M mentioned wanting a water-saver.
I decided to install the water-saver, despite the sentence that comes before the fact that M  wanted a water-saver.
I had a moment, there. I did. Just. Brain took a vacation. Or maybe I thought I could handle it. I'm not sure. Either way, it was stupid, I am an idiot.

First, I broke the thingie I was supposed to be replacing.
Then I was trying to figure out how to replace the thingie I broke.
And I was failing horribly. And guessing. And that was bad.
And then we figured, since it's broken, and we can't find the shut-off, we might as fscking well, right?
And then forty days and forty nights of rain broke loose, right?
I flooded the bathroom, the hallway, the entry to the kids' room, and was making way to the living room, before we managed to screw the thing on effing crooked, right?
And so I got it to where at least it was a slow trickle, rather than an attempt to drown everyone (I ruined two phones, neither of which were mine.)  and M and a friend of his/ours helping us move went to find the valve.
Which, by the way, is about fifty feet from our unit.

So, we got it fixed. After.... Eh. Two hours of uncontrolled water flow, maybe three, maybe even four, it felt like days....

It was horrible.
And I have learned my lesson.

Anyway. We have a place, now. Yay! I have sworn not to break the other toilet.
We took our first shower in there, and that wasn't bad at all, and the cuddling was rather wonderful, and I liked sleeping there, except that I was in the middle of an asthma attack that I did not know about until after both of my mates complained that I had disturbed them in their moments of wakefulness (which reminds me, totally need another treatment, wtf.), and I liked the place. I am trying to transition to calling it home. I am mostly succeeding.

K didn't seem to mind at all that that's where we live, now. He did seem to have a problem wrapping his brain around it, but there are so many things I can think of that indicate trouble, and he displayed none of them. He did ask to go home, but he seemed pretty okay with the place being his new home.

Reminds me-- I wasn't with my mates, weekend before last, and the kids asked where I was. That's such a warm fuzzy feeling. "Where [MB]?"

So. We made it through what I thought of as a major distaster caused directly by my actions caused directly by neglect to attention (as I called it a while back), and I've been forgiven (Yay for exhaustion-induced delirium?), and I'm still welcome there. This is heartwarming and reassuring and a bunch of other warm fuzzy words.

I don't get to live there until next Wednesday, though. I was supposed to give at least a week's written notice to work to use them as a reference, and I failed to do so. Because I figured the rumor to want to transfer was enough. I was wrong. In fact, I thought that since I was transferring, it wouldn't count as quitting.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to call out on Friday.

Thanks for reading!
-MB

No comments:

Post a Comment